Apply for a Grant
Who can apply?
- Teachers, administrators and other school professionals of the Bethel Public School System or St. Mary’s School Bethel.
- Educators from other non-profit educational institutions within the Bethel community.
A successful program or project will:
- Be hands-on, experiential, innovative and interactive and represent a fundamental advance in the manner in which curriculum is taught.
- See students thinking, exploring, building, creating, experimenting, and presenting as a result of the grant.
- Capture students’ interests and incite their intellects.
- Serve a real need that is outside the normal operating budgets of the schools.
- Benefit the largest number of students possible.
What is not eligible for funding:
- Flexible seating – kinesthetic tables, wobble chairs, yoga balls, etc.
- SMARTBoards, laptops, and Senteo Systems can no longer be requested by individual teachers, but must be consolidated and submitted by the administrator.
- We do not fund proposals that are mainly for supplies, salaries, or other items that should be taken care of by typical school and district budgets.
- The Foundation will not fund any project which it determines in its discretion does not meet the letter as well as the spirit of its guidelines.
- We do not fund existing programs or fund programs on an on-going basis.
- We will not fund the expansion of projects previously funded by BEF that benefit the same students (for example, a request to fund iPad covers for iPads previously purchased through a BEF grant).
2023-24 Application Deadline
- Friday, December 1, 2023
Grants that have been approved by the BEF are required to complete the Grant Evaluation Form within 3 months following the receipt or start of the project. Please include photos for our Facebook and website.
Recent Grant Recipients